These raw key lime pie bars are a refreshing, healthy, and delightful dessert! Store them in the freezer and enjoy them anytime!
While it may be February and winter is still in full fledge here, (I’m talking 2 snowstorms this week!) I thought I’d offer up a recipe inspired by my recent trip to Bali.
These raw key lime pie bars require no baking, are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and totally delicious! The creamy filling is made with macadamia nuts, which offer up more of a tropical and creamy taste than raw cashews.
My favourite way to eat these bars is to let them defrost from the freezer for 5-10 minutes. They taste like a rich and creamy ice cream bar! They also store great in the freezer for weeks (or even months…if they last that long.)
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts (or raw cashew nuts), soaked overnight in water (*see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp matcha powder or green food colour (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, dates, and salt until it forms a sticky dough.
- Press into an even layer at the bottom of your pan. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Drain the soaked macadamia nuts. Add the nuts, lime juice, coconut milk, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, and matcha powder to your food processor, or high-speed blender.
- Blend together until it forms a thick cream. (About 3-5 minutes in a food processor, or 2-3 minutes in a high-speed blender)
- Pour your key lime mixture into your pan and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve
Tips & suggestions:
- If you don’t have time to soak you macadamia nuts overnight, you can add them to a bowl with boiling water for 1-2 hours before using them
- Need more key lime? Try my key lime pie chia pudding
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!