This Raw Vegan Carrot Cake is made with healthy ingredients and requires no baking!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp orange zest (or lemon zest)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
Cashew cream cheese frosting
- Add the walnuts, shredded coconut, almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, orange zest and vanilla extract to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Then add the the dates and continue to pulse until the mixture looks like a crumbly dough. (It should feel sticky when you press it between your fingers.)
- Add the carrots and pulse just to mix the carrots in.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper then scoop the carrot cake dough into the pan spreading it out evenly. Place in the fridge to set.
- Blend all the cashew cream cheese frosting ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender, scraping down the sides as needed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. (This may take 4-5 minutes.)
- Pour the mixture into the pan spreading out evenly, then place in the fridge to set for 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
. If your dates are a bit dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes then drain them to rehydrate them.
Don’t overprocess the mixture. You want it to be crumbly in the food processor, but not form into a ball.
If you’re mixture isn’t binding together, Add a few more dates.
Make sure to use full-fat coconut cream. You just want to scoop the creamy part off the top of the can.
If your frosting seems grainy, keep blending! It can take a good 5 minutes for the cashew cream to become rich and creamy.
- Serving Size: 1/18th of recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: raw carrot cake, vegan carrot cake, healthy carrot cake