These Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting are a decedent treat to die for!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup+2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cream cheese frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature (I use semi-salted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the melted butter and sugar together in a large bowl or stand mixer until the sugar is well combined. Then add the vanilla, eggs, red food colouring and and vinegar and whisk together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then slowly add to the wet ingredients, mixing until everything is combined.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together in a stand mixture for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar on low speed until combined, then set the mixer on a high speed and whip for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once the brownies are cooled, spread the icing ontop of the brownies and cut into squares.
. Too much flour can make these brownies dry.
If you want the brownies to be vibrant red, you’ll need to add a lot of food colouring. This is completely optional and just for the look.
The frosting recipe makes more frosting than you may want for the brownies (depending on how much frosting you like!) If you have leftovers, you can freeze the frosting in a ziplock bag and use it in the future.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: valentines day desserts, red velvet brownies, cream cheese brownies