These rhubarb oat bran muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup+2 tbsp whole grain Spelt flour (can sub whole wheat flour, regular flour, gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow it to turn into “buttermilk”
- Mix the oat bran, flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Mix the egg, molasses, oil, vanilla and almond milk mixture together in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Stir in the rhubarb
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with muffins tins and make for 15-17 minutes.
The batter will be a bit runny. This is normal.
Try mixing in raisins, walnuts or any of your favourite berries into these muffins!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: bran muffins recipe, rhubarb muffins, vegan muffin recipe