Roasted Pumpkin Salad is the perfect fall appetizer or side!
- 4 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cubed butternut squash in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the pumpkin onto the baking and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the pumpkin, kale, feta, pomegranate, walnuts and mint.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper together in a cup or a jar.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss it together. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Cut the pumpkin cubes evenly. This will ensure that the pumpkin cooks evenly in the oven.
Use double-creamed feta for the best taste. This type of feta is creamier than some of the generic brands at the grocery store. Head to your local cheese store to find this type of feta cheese.
Only dress the salad right before serving. Dressing a salad too early can cause the salad to become soggy and not taste so fresh.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: pumpkin salad, roasted pumpkin salad, butternut squash salad, kale and squash salad