- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 L vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 25-35 minutes until tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat, then add the onions letting cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add your potatoes to the pot, and season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mixing everything together
- Add your soup broth, and bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth and creamy and serve
You can garnish this soup with roasted chickpeas, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Cut the potatoes into even cubes so they cook evenly.
This soup stores well in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: healthy sweet potato soup recipe, vegan sweet potato soup