It can get pretty chilly outside during Montreal winters. This winter hasn’t been so bad, but the weather still fluctuates like crazy. One day its 0 degrees, and the next, -20!
Soups are one of my favourite things too make during the cold winter months. They’re fast, easy, healthy, and most importantly comforting!
This roasted sweet potato cinnamon soup is one of my favourite soup recipes. I made it for my family and they loved it! I passed the recipe on to my mom, and she made it for guests and they all loved it too! This soup quickly became a staple in my kitchen.
Make it for dinner on a casual Monday, or if your hosting guests on a Saturday night, roasted sweet potato cinnamon soup is the perfect soup for any situation!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 L vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 large handful dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh dill
- chilli flakes
- plain yogurt of choice (coconut yogurt, greek yogurt..etc)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your potatoes, and chop into medium sized cubes.
- Place your potatoes on the baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes, or until they feel tender when you poke them with a fork.
- Next heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Chop your onion and add to the pot, cooking on medium heat until the onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add your potatoes to the pot, and season with cinnamon and nutmeg. Give it a good stir.
- Add your soup broth, and bring it to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and with the cover on let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, or regular blender, puree the soup until its creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and chopped dill to desired taste.