It can get pretty chilly outside during Montreal winters. This winter hasn’t been so bad, but the weather still fluctuates like crazy. One day its 0 degrees, and the next, -20!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 L vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 large handful dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh dill
- chilli flakes
- plain yogurt of choice (coconut yogurt, greek yogurt..etc)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your potatoes, and chop into medium sized cubes.
- Place your potatoes on the baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes, or until they feel tender when you poke them with a fork.
- Next heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Chop your onion and add to the pot, cooking on medium heat until the onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add your potatoes to the pot, and season with cinnamon and nutmeg. Give it a good stir.
- Add your soup broth, and bring it to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and with the cover on let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, or regular blender, puree the soup until its creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and chopped dill to desired taste.