If there’s one thing I can’t get enough of on cold days it’s curry.
In the summer I’m all about raw foods, big salads, and frozen treats. But as soon the cold weather rolls in, I make the switch over to warming foods like curry, soups, and stews.
In the winter months, there’s nothing better to keep your body warm that wholesome comforting dishes with a little bit of a spicy kick.
I find that spicy food in the winter really helps warm the body from the inside out. Almost like starting a fire inside!
This roasted sweet potato and pineapple curry is SO comforting and warming.
Now if you’re a bit skeptical about using pineapple in a savory dish, just trust me on this one, the pineapple makes this dish!
It helps give the perfect balance of sweet and salty and savory, and it’s just so darn good! The addition of cinnamon in this dish also makes it taste even more comforting. But if you don’t like the taste of cinnamon in a curry, you can simply omit it.Print
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your potatoes and chop into even cubes.
- Place on your baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Add the avocado oil to a pan on medium-high heat.
- Chop your onion and add to the pan, lowering heat to medium and allowing to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, pineapple, spinach, Thai curry paste cinnamon, coconut cream, and water and stir well until combined and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice.
*You can also try making this dish with red or green curry if you prefer!