Salted caramel apple galette
- 3/4 cup white spelt flour (can sub regular flour, gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegan butter (can sub regular butter, or solid coconut oil)
- 4 tbsp ice old water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the spelt flour, almond flour, salt, and vegan butter to a food processor and pulse until it looks like crumbs.
- With the food processor running, slowly add in the water and lemon juice. Pulse just until it forms a dough.
- Cover in plastic wrap and place the dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove pits from dates, and soak your medjool dates in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and add to a high-speed blender or food processor with 1 tbsp of water and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Core your apple, cut into thin slices and place in a large bowl. Add the coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch and mix together until combined.
- Remove your dough from the fridge.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough in a large circle (approx 12 inches) . Place on a large baking sheet.
- Spread the date caramel in approx. a 10 inch circle in the middle of the crust. (Make sure to leave about 2-3 inches around the edges untouched. This is the part of the crust you will fold over!)
- Next add the apples in a circle over the date caramel.
- Using your hands, gently fold over the edges of the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 slice galette
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Salted caramel apple galette, vegan apple dessert, how to make apple galette