Salted caramel coconut popcorn
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a large pot on medium high heat. Allow the oil to heat up for a minute, then place 1 kernel of popcorn in the pot to test if it’s ready. When the kernel pops, add in the rest of your popcorn kernels, cover and reduce heat to medium. Shake the pot as the kernels begin to pop to avoid any of them from burning.
- Once popped remove from heat.
- In a small pot, add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt on medium-high heat. Let boil for 2-3 minutes, continuously stirring so the mixture doesn’t boil over. When the caramel sauce has slightly thickened, remove from heat.
- Spread the popcorn out on the pan, and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Pour the caramel mixture evenly on top of the popcorn, and mix using a spoon until evenly coated.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, checking and mixing halfway through.
- Let cool and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Salted caramel coconut popcorn, how to make popcorn