This salted caramel coconut popcorn is the perfect little treat to put out for guests, bring to a bbq, picnic, or to enjoy with your favourite movie! You’ll love this healthier homemade popcorn!
I feel before I share this recipe with you, I need to post a little warning…
If your making this for a party, or to share with others, you may need to hide this salted caramel coconut popcorn out of your sight so you don’t eat it all when it comes out of the oven. I’m telling you, it’s highly addictive!
I LOVE popcorn to snack on. I recently started popping my own popcorn rather than buying it in bags. It’s a great way to avoid any extra additives, and overload of salt in your popcorn. Now, this salted caramel coconut popcorn, is an extra special popcorn since it’s more of a dessert, but still kept pretty healthy with all natural ingredients! It’s also:
- refined-sugar free
You can also mix in some extras, like nuts, seeds, or chocolate chips at the end if you want to take this popcorn to the next level!Print
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a large pot on medium high heat. Allow the oil to heat up for a minute, then place 1 kernel of popcorn in the pot to test if it’s ready. When the kernel pops, add in the rest of your popcorn kernels, cover and reduce heat to medium. Shake the pot as the kernels begin to pop to avoid any of them from burning.
- Once popped remove from heat.
- In a small pot, add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt on medium-high heat. Let boil for 2-3 minutes, continuously stirring so the mixture doesn’t boil over. When the caramel sauce has slightly thickened, remove from heat.
- Spread the popcorn out on the pan, and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Pour the caramel mixture evenly on top of the popcorn, and mix using a spoon until evenly coated.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, checking and mixing halfway through.
- Let cool and serve!