Breakfast tacos stuffed with guacamole and scrambled tofu
- 1 pack corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 brick tofu
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and add the onion to the pan.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Break apart and crumble the tofu with your hands. (or alternatively pulse a few times in a food processor until it is crumbled) At the tofu to the pan and lower the heat to medium.
- Add the salt, black pepper, chilli powder, cumin, and turmeric and stir all together. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next prepare the guacamole by scooping out the avocados into a bowl along with the lime, cilantro, cayenne, salt and pepper. Use a fork to mash it all together.
- To assemble the tacos, toast the corn tortillas until warm. Scoop a spoon of the guacamole followed by the tofu scramble. Serve with lime and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan breakfast ideas, tofu taco recipe