Healthy chili without the hassle! Throw everything in your slow cooker and let dinner make itself!
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Place the onion, garlic, carrot and celery in a food processor and pulse until you have small pieces.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat, then add your veggie mixture letting cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine, then transfer the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your slow cooker and mix well until incorporated.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve up this chili with some cilantro and sliced avocado on top!
Keywords: healthy slow cooker recipes, quinoa chili recipes