Slow cooker quinoa chili
This slow cookerchili is a healthy vegetarian recipe that is perfect for those busy weeknights. Throw the ingredients in your slow cooker and let dinner make itself!
It’s starting to get chilly out…which is exactly how you know chili season is here!
Nothing feels more suited for a warming weeknight dinner on a cold day than a big bowl of
I’ve heard that
A few notes on this recipe:
This slow cooker
The onions, garlic and veggies get sautéed in a pan before being added to the slow cooker. You can technically skip this step and just add these ingredients straight to the slow cooker, but browning these veggies in a pan beforehand builds MEGA FLAVOUR. So if you have the extra 5 minutes, make sure not to skip this step!
You can add in any additional vegetables you love to this slow cooker
I love serving this up with some fresh cilantro and eating it with some tortilla chips, but this chili would also be great with some thick-cut crusty bread, or even wrapped up in a taco shell!
This slow cooker quinoa chili is:
- Vegetarian & gluten-free
- Filled with warming spices and packed with protein
- The perfect chili for when the weather is chilly 🙂
Healthy chili without the hassle! Throw everything in your slow cooker and let dinner make itself!
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Place the onion, garlic, carrot and celery in a food processor and pulse until you have small pieces.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat, then add your veggie mixture letting cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine, then transfer the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your slow cooker and mix well until incorporated.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve up this chili with some cilantro and sliced avocado on top!
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: healthy slow cooker recipes, quinoa chili recipes