Kale And White Bean Salad
This Kale And White Bean Salad recipe tastes just like the one from Erewhon Market in California. It’s easy to make and comes together in just 10 minutes for a healthy vegan-friendly salad you’ll love.
How to prepare kale for salad
Kale is a delicious ingredient to use in hearty salads like this Kale And White Bean Salad or this Kale Caesar Salad. But Kale is also known to be a tough and bitter green.
Luckily, there are a few key secrets to preparing kale to make it taste delicious in salads!
- Wash well. Kale can have a lot of dirt on it stuck between those curly leaves, so make sure to wash the kale well before preparing it for salads.
- Remove the stems and ribs from each leave. The kale stems and ribs can be very tough and stalky, so cut them from the kale leaves for a more tender salad.
- Massage the kale. This is the #1 secret to making the kale tender and less bitter. Add a pinch of salt to the kale and gently massage it with your hands.
Preparing the kale properly for a kale salad with leave you with delicious and tender kale leaves that are perfect for enjoying raw!
Why you’ll love this kale salad
- Erewhon copycat, but cheaper. Why pay $20 for a kale salad at Erewhon Market when you can make it home for way cheaper? (Plus it will also taste fresher and more delicious!)
- Packed with plant-based nutrients. Make with a variety of seeds, avocado and greens, this salad is packed with good-for-you superfoods!
- Easy and tasty. This entire salad can be made directly in one bowl and comes together in 10 minutes for an easy dish with an even easier cleanup.
Kale And White Bean Salad Ingredients
- Kale: there are a few different varieties of kale out there and all of them will work well in this recipe.
- White beans: Any type of white beans work well too. White kidney beans, cannellini beans or even lima beans all would taste great.
- Avocado: make sure to use a ripe avocado for this recipe.
- Seeds: this salad uses a combination of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds. Using toasted seeds will give the salad even more flavour.
How to Make Copycat Erewhon’s kale salad
Start by preparing the dressing directly in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and dijon mustard to the bowl and whisk together to combine.
Massage the kale with your hands, then add it to the mixing bowl along with the white beans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and avocado.
Toss the salad together until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve immediately. Top with some additional seeds to decorate.
How to store
Store any leftovers of this salad in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you want to store the salad for a longer time, store the dressing and salad separately and dress right before serving.
Expert tips for making a kale salad
- Always massage the kale for a tender salad. Kale leaves can be very tough, so make sure to massage the kale leaves before adding them to the salad.
- If preparing the salad in advance, toss prepare the salad as directed but only toss it right before serving. It’s also best to add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning.
- Toast the seeds. Toasted seeds will create a flavourful salad!
- Add any other ingredients you love. If there are any veggies, herbs, nuts or seeds you love feel free to add them to the salad!
More salad recipes to try
If you tried this Kale And White Bean Salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Kale And White Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer/Side
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This copycat Erewhon Market Kale And White Bean Salad is so easy to make at home!
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 1 cup white beans (cooked)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into cubes
- 3 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the dressing ingredients to the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, massage the kale with a pinch of salt. (use your hands to gently massage the kale. This will tenderize it.)
- Add the kale, white beans, avocado, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds to the mixing bowl.
- Toss the salad together and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: Erewhon kale salad, kale salad with white beans
I made this yesterday for a friend and I. It was absolutely delicious! I will be making more of you salad recipes. Thank you!
Happy you enjoyed it!