This Superfood Salad is loaded with good for you ingredients like kale, quinoa and chia seeds and is topped off with a fresh and light maple vinaigrette. The salad comes together in just 15 minutes and is perfect if you’re looking for a super healthy meal!
A healthy salad with superfoods
This recipe for Superfood Salad is made with an assortment of vegetables, nuts, seeds and fruits for the ultimate delicious and healthy salad!
It’s a great salad to enjoy on its own, (a small portion as an appetizer, or a large portion as a main) as a side or paired with some light protein to make it a more filling meal.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe comes together in just 15 minutes and will leave you feeling energized!
- It’s topped off with a homemade salad dressing that is easy to make and perfect to store in the fridge to top off all your salads for the week.
- This recipe is super adaptable. You can add pretty much any type of vegetable, grain, nut, seed, fruit or protein you like to it!.
How to make Superfood Salad
Chop up all your ingredients into bite-sized pieces, or however, you like them in a salad.
Make the salad dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients into a small mason jar or bowl. Pour as much of the dressing as you like onto the salad.
Toss everything together and serve immediately.
What are superfoods?
Superfoods are foods that are nutritiously dense with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
I use the term superfood loosely since there are many foods that are very nutritious and can be considered superfoods. This salad is made with dark leafy greens, fruits with lots of vitamins, nuts and seeds with healthy fats and omega-3s, which are all great for you!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Buy organic when you can to make sure your fruits and vegetables are not sprayed with any pesticides.
- The salad dressing is easiest to make directly in a mason jar. Just add all the ingredients, put the lid on and shake!
- If you want to have leftover salad for later, put some aside and store in the fridge before adding the salad dressing.
More salad recipes to try
If you tried this Superfood Salad or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Superfood Salad loaded with good-for-you ingredients high in vitamins and antioxitants!
- 2 cups lacinato kale, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shreded
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup broccoli florrets
- 1 pepper, chopped (I like a mix of red and yellow peppers)
- 1/2 green apple, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almond
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a mason jar or in a cup until well combined. Taste the dressing and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour as much dressing as you like onto the salad and toss eveything together.
Buy organic when you can to make sure your fruits and vegetables are not sprayed with any pesticides.
The salad dressing is easiest to make directly in a mason jar. Just add all the ingredients, put the lid on and shake!
If you want to have leftover salad for later, put some aside and store in the fridge before adding the salad dressing.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8.5g
Keywords: superfood salad, detox salad, healthy salad
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!