This Superfood Salad loaded with good-for-you ingredients high in vitamins and antioxitants!
- 2 cups lacinato kale, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shreded
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup broccoli florrets
- 1 pepper, chopped (I like a mix of red and yellow peppers)
- 1/2 green apple, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almond
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a mason jar or in a cup until well combined. Taste the dressing and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour as much dressing as you like onto the salad and toss eveything together.
Buy organic when you can to make sure your fruits and vegetables are not sprayed with any pesticides.
The salad dressing is easiest to make directly in a mason jar. Just add all the ingredients, put the lid on and shake!
If you want to have leftover salad for later, put some aside and store in the fridge before adding the salad dressing.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8.5g
Keywords: superfood salad, detox salad, healthy salad