Tahini Lemon Dressing
Enjoy this Lemon Tahini Dressing on your favourite salads and bowls! It’s easy to make and comes together in just 5 minutes all in one bowl.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is one of those ingredients that to me is a little bit *magical*. It can be used in so many different ways and adds incredible flavour and texture to recipes. Seriously, you can use tahini to make blondies, chunky granola, healthy shakes, tasty buddha bowls and the list goes on.
Tahini (sometimes also called Tahina) is made from ground hulled sesame seeds. You can think of Tahini as sesame butter, similar to almond butter, cashew butter or any nut butter. Tahini is very common in Middle Eastern cuisine and chances are if you’ve ever had falafel, it’s been served with some tahini.
Since tahini naturally has fat in it, it’s luscious and creamy and makes and incredible sauce or dressing that be used on basically anything you like.
What is Lemon Tahini Dressing Made of?
- Tahini – You can find tahini at most grocery stores in the aisle where you’d find middle eastern ingredients. Sometimes the jar might say “tahina” on it, which is the same thing.
- Lemon – can’t make a Lemon Tahini Dressing without lemon! Make sure to use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled for the best results.
- Olive oil – I like to use a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in this recipe which adds a really nice flavour to the dressing, but you can technically leave this out.
- Maple syrup – just a touch. This helps to balance out the tartness from the lemon juice. If you want to make this dressing sugar-free, just leave this out.
- Garlic – fresh garlic, not dried!
- Salt & pepper – to taste
How Do You Make Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing?
- Start by adding all the Lemon Tahini Dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl. Use a mixing bowl that is large enough so the dressing wont splash out of the bowl while you mix it together.
2. Next use a whisk to mix the dressing together until it starts to combine. It might take a bit of time, so keep mixing until it becomes nice and creamy (it will happen!)
3. If you prefer a thicker dressing, you can always add a bit more tahini. If you prefer a thinner dressing, you can add a bit more water and mix to combine it all together.
What is Tahini Dressing used for?
There are so many things you can serve this Lemon Tahini Dressing! Try serving this dressing…
Tahini Lemon Dressing Expert Tips
- Authentic tahini should be pretty runny. This is what you want. Don’t buy a “sesame butter” that is a thick spread, this will be much harder to mix into a creamy dressing.
- If you find tahini to be a bit bitter, adding acid (like lemon juice) to it will help remove any bitterness. That’s why this dressing shouldn’t have any bitter taste.
- Store this dressing in a jar in the fridge for up to 10 days.
More dressings to try
If you tried this Lemon Tahini Dressing or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Lemon Tahini Dressing is perfect to enjoy on salads, bowls or however you like!
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and continue mixing until smooth and creamy (it might take a couple of minutes to come together.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Authentic tahini should be pretty runny. This is what you want. Don’t buy a “sesame butter” that is a thick spread, this will be much harder to mix into a creamy dressing.
If you find tahini to be a bit bitter, adding acid (like lemon juice) to it will help remove any bitterness. That’s why this dressing shouldn’t have any bitter taste.
Store this dressing in a jar in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 100 calories
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: lemon tahini dressing, tahini dressing, tahini sauce