These rainbow nourishment bowls with maple tahini dressing make the perfect healthy, nutritious and plant-based meal! Did I mention how easy they are to put together too?
I’m sure you’ve heard the expression before…”eat the rainbow.” Well, I’m going to make that easy for you today!
Eating various plant-based foods of different colors have so many health benefits! Different colored foods actually have many different nutrients in them. Carrots are orange, and high in beta-carotene, while dark leafy greens contain a lot of folate.
Basically, eating various different colored plant-based foods will help you make sure you’re getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs!
Also, eating rainbow colored foods looks pretty too. And doesn’t having a rainbow nourishment bowl with maple tahini dressing sound a lot better than just having a salad?
One thing I love to do is prepare my ingredients in advance so I can save on prep time when it comes to making lunch. I usually do this on a Sunday and make a big batch of quinoa, shred some cabbage, carrots…etc. and store them all in a Tupperware in the fridge.
These rainbow nourishment bowls with maple tahini dressing are:
- Packed with plant-based power
- Filled with vitamins and nutrients
- Will give you your intake of veggie servings for the day (they’re loaded with veggies!)
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free, paleo
If you’d like to mix things up, feel free to add any veggies you like to these bowls. (get creative! Any vegetables you like will work.) You can also top them with your favorite source of protein. I like to enjoy mine with a side of tempeh!
I’d also recommend making a double batch of the dressing to store in a jar in the fridge. This dressing goes great on all salads, so you can enjoy it throughout the week!Print
Nourishing plant-based bowls filled with colorful veggies!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp tamari
- 3 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups spinach or lettuce
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled or grated
- 1 cup yellow corn (from a can or fresh)
- 1 beet, grated (I used pink beet)
- 1/2 cup sprouts (I used radish sprouts)
- 3 watermelon radishes (or regular radishes)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- To make the dressing, add the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, tamari, water, salt and pepper to a mason jar. Cover tightly with the lid and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To assemble the bowls, layer spinach or lettuce on the bottom. The rest of the ingredients will go on top.
- Layer the quinoa, cabbage, carrots, corn, beets, sprouts, radishes, and avocado in small sections on top of the bowl.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Serve right away with the maple tahini dressing.
Make a double batch of the dressing and store it in the fridge for the week to top salads and bowls
Add any veggies you like to this bowl
Add any Protein you like to this bowl to make it a more filling meal
If you like these rainbow nourishment bowls with maple tahini dressing you’ll also love these vegan poke bowls!