These no-bake almond butter energy bites are the perfect little snack for when you need that boost of energy! Enjoy them after the gym, on the go, or with your afternoon cup of tea!
On Sunday’s I usually like to do some food prep so I have some snacks and meals prepared when the new week rolls in.
I don’t ever really prepare whole means when I food prep, (i.e. meal prepping) but I like to have some components made to help me save time during the busy weeks.
This usually for me means making big batches of quinoa, sprouted legumes, cooked lentils, chopped veggies, and some easy snacks I grab and enjoy while I work.
For snacks, my favorite thing to make is pretty much always some sort of bars, (like these maca power bars) or bites. This week’s snack is no-bake almond butter energy bites!
These no-bake almond butter energy bites are:
- high in protein
- high in healthy fats (this is a good thing!)
- filled with fiber
One thing I love about making little bites is that they’re such an easy snack to grab and go. No dishes or anything needed for these!
The other thing I love about these no-bake almond butter energy bites is that….well, they’re no-bake! They’re best made in a food processor, but you can even make them without one in a bowl. (*if you’re using the almond flour option)
You can also play around with this recipe and add in anything you love. I went with chocolate chips but feel free to add in some of your favorite chopped nuts, dried fruits, or spices.
You can also use blanched almonds instead of almond flour for the recipe to make your own almond flour. Simply grind up the almond until they a finely ground.Print
- 1 cup almond flour (or blanched almonds)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt (*if using salted almond butter, omit salt.)
- large handful of chocolate chips
- shredded coconut & hemp seeds to coat (optional)
- Add your almond flour, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to a food processor. Pulse until everything is combined.
- Next add your chocolate chips, pulsing a few times until roughly chopped and mixed through.
- Roll into 16 balls and dip into shredded coconut or hemp seeds to coat
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Substitute almond flour with oats if you prefer
If your dough feels sticky to roll, place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up