I can’t believe we’re already into the beginning of May. While it’s still a bit cool out here in Montreal, the sun is finally starting to come out and the days are starting to get longer. With spring finally here, I see so many people running and biking outside, hitting the gym, and trying to quickly get in shape for the summer.
While working out is definitely important, eating well is just as important to achieving your summer body goals. You want to make sure you’re nourishing your body with the proper nutrients it needs to fuel you pre and post-workout.
These maca power bars will do just that. Maca powder is a superfood filled with vitamins and minerals that are known to provide you with an energy boost. Maca is also known to help with hormonal balance, endurance, and stamina.
These maca power bars are of course also loaded with other superfoods like almonds, chia seeds, and hemp hearts to keep your energy levels soaring!Print
Maca power bars
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients into a food processor until it begins to form a dough.
- Remove from the food processor and press the dough into your pan using your hands. You want to spread it out nice and flat.
- Place your pan in the fridge to firm up for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares or bars.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Maca power bars, healthy snack bars
*If you do not wish to use maca in the recipe you can simply omit it. They will still be great!