Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge fan of muffins. Unfortunately though, sometimes store bought muffins end up being loaded with sugar, fat, and an absurd amount of calories. I remember the first time I found out that many muffins have more calories than a donut!
Luckily baking at home is a huge life saver. You can control the ingredients that go into the foods you eat, and make delicious and healthy treats. This recipe is for the best healthy raspberry muffins. I know that’s a tall claim, but these muffins have been tested to perfection. They’re filled with wholesome natural ingredients like oats, buckwheat, and coconut oil. They are also dairy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free, and can easily be made vegan with flax-eggs. Most importantly, these healthy raspberry muffins are loaded with chocolatey goodness. Because who doesn’t want an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast?Print
The Best Healthy Raspberry Muffins
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup erythritol (*or other sweetener, or another 1/4 cup coconut sugar)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (*or flax eggs)
- 1 cup almond mik
- 1/4 cupcoconut oil, melted and cooled off a bit.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rasberries
- 2 big handfuls of chocolate chips (or as many as you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, oat bran, buckwheat flour, xantham gum, coconut sugar, erythritol, lemon zest, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Finally, add your raspberries and chocolate chips and stir.
- Full each muffin tin almost to the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: The Best Healthy Raspberry Muffins, how to make healthy muffins
*Make sure your coconut oil is not too hot, you don’t want it to cook the eggs.
*If using flax eggs, mix 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp water, set aside to gel for 5 minutes.
Products I use for this recipe: