Paleo Tahini Blondies
These Paleo Tahini Blondies are made with almond flour and tahini for a soft and healthy version of classic blondies!
Paleo Tahini Blondies are like a lighter low-carb version of the classic dessert. These bars are made completely grain-free and use almond flour for a blondie that is high in protein and healthy fats.
What is the difference between a blondie and a brownie?
A brownie is a chocolate flavoured bar that is made with either cocoa powder, chocolate or a combination of the two. Blondies are not chocolate flavoured and are typically made with brown sugar to give them butterscotch or caramel-like taste.
For this recipe, we are using coconut sugar rather than brown sugar to keep these bars paleo friendly. I use coconut sugar to health-ify a lot of my dessert recipes, like Salted Caramel Coconut Bliss Balls and these No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The combination of tahini and almond flour makes for a dense fudgey blondie.
- This recipe is high in protein, low in carbs and completely grain-free.
- You don’t need any fancy kitchen gadgets to make this recipe. All you need is a bowl!
How to make paleo tahini blondies
Mix the almond flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar together in a bowl.
Whisk the tahini and eggs together in a bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and transfer the blondie batter to the pan, pressing down evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.
Recipe tips and variations
- Some brands of tahini and runnier than others. You want to make sure you are getting tahini that isn’t too thick for this recipe. Most authentic tahini brands will do the trick!
- Make sure to line your pan with parchment paper so you can easily remove the blondies from the pan.
- You can use almond meal in place of almond flour in this recipe, though you may end up with a slightly grainier texture.
- You can add any mix-ins you like to this recipe. Chopped nuts, dried fruits or any type of chocolate!
More healthy dessert recipes to tryPrint
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy paleo dessert these blondies are for you!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, tahini and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and then transfer the batter to the baking pan, pressing down evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, let cool completely before cutting.
Make sure your tahini you use for this recipe is runny and not thick like a spread.
Don’t forget to line the pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to get the blondies out of the pan.
Store in an airtight container on the countertop.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 150
- Sodium: 80mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: blondies, paleo dessert
If you tried these Paleo Tahini Blondies or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!