These raspberry crumble bars are perfect for a snack or dessert and are made with wholesome good-for-you ingredients! These bars are naturally vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
An easy crumble bar anyone can make
These raspberry crumble bars are seriously so simple to make and don’t require any mixers or food processors. All you need is a bowl and an 8×8 inch baking pan to make these delicious bars!
What is a crumble bar?
A crumble bar is essentially taking a crumble or crisp recipe and turning it into a sliceable bar. Generally a “crisp” has an oaty topping on it, whereas a crumble generally has a topping that is a mix of butter, sugar, and flour.
For these bars, the topping is somewhere in between these two.
How to make raspberry crumble bars
A few simple steps and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a batch of these delicious bars!
- Add the almond flour and oats and other dry ingredients to a mixing bowl
2. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix together until crumbly
2. Using your hands, press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan
4. Make the raspberry filling then pour it into the pan
5. Add the remainder of the crumble topping and bake
Fresh vs frozen raspberries
Both fresh and frozen raspberries work well for this recipe. In the summertime, I prefer to use fresh raspberries, but if you only have frozen raspberries those will work fine too.
Sometimes frozen raspberries may have a bit less flavour, or be a bit more tart, so taste the filling and add some extra sweetener if needed.
Tips for making perfect raspberry crumble bars
- Use almond flour rather than almond meal (which has a finer texture) and will help the base of the bars bind together better.
- Use real maple syrup to sweeten, or substitute with another sticky sweetener like honey (for a non-vegan version) or agave.
- Let the bars cool completely before slicing into them, otherwise, they may break apart.
Other bar recipes to try
If you tried these raspberry crumble bars or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These raspberry crumble bars are perfect for a healthy snack or treat!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (or regular)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the crumble dough ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take 2/3 of the mixture and using your hands, press into the bottom of your pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- While the base is baking, prepare the raspberry filling by mixing all the filling ingredients together in a small pot on medium-high heat. Let come to a boil for 1-2 minutes and use a fork to start mashing the raspberries, then turn the heat to medium-low and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the raspberry mixture into the pan and then crumble the remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove and let cool completely before slicing the bars.
This recipe works with both fresh or frozen raspberries.
Let these bars cool completely before slicing them up. otherwise, they may break apart.
These bars can be stored on the countertop in an air-tight container for up for 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: raspberry bars, crumble bars
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!