This Easy Hummus Toast 4 Ways will show you 4 delicious vegetable-loaded variations of hummus toast that you’ll love! Plus, these toasts all take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is sponsored by Sabra.
One of my favourite ways to use hummus is as a spread on toast. It’s a simple and delicious way to make your toast a little more exciting, plus it’s healthy and filled with fibre and protein! If you want even more ways to enjoy hummus toast try these other 3 toast recipes!
Hummus toast for breakfast and brunch
Some people see hummus primarily as a dip to eat in the afternoon or as an appetizer, but hummus is actually the perfect spread to enjoy on toast for breakfast or brunch!
The best hummus is made from chickpeas, tahini and usually some garlic. It’s savoury and pairs perfectly with avocado, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
It also pairs well with a refreshing mimosa or brunch cocktail. (I like to enjoy it with a mimosa, for a little something sweet to balance out the savoury toast!)
How to make hummus toast
Today we’re doing 4 different variations of hummus toast:
- Sun-dried tomato Caprese salad
- Radish hummus toast with radish sprouts and nigella seeds
- Truffle avocado hummus toast
- Roasted veggies on hummus toast
Preparing the hummus toasts is quick and easy. (The only toast that requires any extra preparation is the roasted veggies on hummus toast.)
- Toast your bread
- Spread your hummus on the toast
- Top with your toppings of choice
What is the best kind of bread to use for hummus toast?
You can really use any type of bread you like to make hummus toast. If you are avoiding gluten, opt for your gluten-free bread to make this recipe.
If you have no dietary restrictions with bread, I recommend a thick cut bread that is a bit denser, such as sourdough bread or a Kamut bread. These types of breads will hold up better with all of the toppings, and create a stable (and delicious) base for the topping ingredients.
Tips for making perfect hummus toast
- Prepare your topping ingredients before you place your toast in the toaster. This way they will be ready when your bread is toasted and you can enjoy a warm crispy piece of toast!
- Use a generous amount of hummus on your toast. Since we are using a thicker cut bread, we want a nice thick layer of hummus!
- If serving for brunch, make a toppings bar so your guests can choose their own toppings! Let everyone choose and create their own hummus toast they’ll love!
- Eat immediately. This recipe is best enjoyed right away, otherwise you’re toast will get cold and lose its crispy texture.
More brunch recipes to try
If you tried this Easy Hummus Toast 4 Ways or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Learn how to make hummus toast with 4 delicious variations!
Base for all the toasts
- 1 slice Sourdough bread (or gluten-free bread if needed)
- 1–2 tbsp hummus
Sun-dried tomato Caprese salad hummus toast
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- a few basil leaves
- 1 tbsp pearl bocconcini cheese (sub dairy-free cheese if needed)
Radish hummus toast
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- a handful of radish sprouts
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- pinch of salt
Truffle avocado hummus toast
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
Roasted veggies hummus toast
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- pinch of salt
- To prepare the first 3 toasts: place the bread in the toaster and toast to your liking. Spread with 2 tbsp of hummus then top with your toppings of choice.
- To prepare the roasted veggies toast: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Toss the veggies with olive oil and salt and roast for 15-20 minutes. Then proceed with step 1.
This recipe tastes best with a thick cut artisanal bread like sourdough or Kamut bread.
Prepare your topping ingredients before you toast your bread
*Nutritional information is an average and may vary depending on the toast
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: hummus toast, healthy toast
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!