This Southwest Quinoa Salad is loaded with veggies, mangos and a delicious Southwest chilli lime dressing!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut off (or 1/2 cup canned corn)
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 small handful chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chilli lime dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- pinch of salt
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions, let cool completely.
- Add the quinoa and the rest of the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Pour into the salad and toss everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
. This will infuse the quinoa with more taste.
Remove the seeds from the jalapeno if you don’t want too much heat. The seeds are the spiciest part.
If making this recipe ahead of time or planning on storing it in the fridge, leave out the avocado and add in only when you want to eat to prevent browning. Also only dress the salad when it’s time to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: quinoa salad recipe, quinoa salad with mango, southwest salad