A refreshing cocktail with fresh ingredients and a little bit of a spicy kick!
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 oz white tequila (I use patron)
- 2 oz orange liquor (I use Cointreau)
- 1 jalapeno, cut into rings
- 2–3 cups of ice
- salt to rim the glass (optional)
- Rim the glass: Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of your glasses and then dip the rim into a plate with some salt.
- Mix the cocktail: Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave nectar, tequila, orange liquor, sliced jalapeno and half the ice to a cocktail shaker and shake until well combined.
- Serve: Add the remaining ice to your glasses and pour the margaritas into your glasses
Mix things up: You can use freshly squeezed orange juice, pineapple juice, passionfruit juice and so on instead of grapefruit in this cocktail!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: how to make a margarita, healthy margarita recipe, cinco de mayo recipe