This spicy Thai ramen is like a cross between a Thai Tom Yum soup and a classic Japanese Ramen!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1-inch cube galangal ginger
- 4 kafir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, cut in halves
- 1–2 tbsp Thai red curry paste*
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave (can sub maple syrup, coconut sugar…etc.)
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1/2 pack of soft tofu, cut into cubes (approx. 200g)
- 2 packs ramen noodles of choice
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, lemon grass, and galangal ginger and let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the kafir lime leaves, shitake mushrooms and Thai red curry paste and mix together, letting cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the ramen noodles and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately
*Some red curry pastes will have shrimp paste in them. Make sure to check the ingredients label to ensure it’s vegan if needed.
Optionally garnish this soup with some sliced green onions and sesame seeds!
Depending on the salt in the broth you use and brand of curry paste you use you may need to add a little more curry paste and soy sauce. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Vegan ramen soup, healthy Thai soup