This Spicy Coconut Curry Ramen is like a cross between a Thai Tom Yum soup and a classic Japanese Ramen! This soup is Vegetarian/Vegan-friendly and easy to make.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, cut in halves (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp Thai red curry paste*(see note)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 pack of soft tofu, cut into cubes (approx. 200g)
- 2 packs ramen noodles of choice
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and lemongrass and let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the Thai red curry paste and mix together, let cook for 1 minute. If using shitake mushrooms, add those in now and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, coconut sugar, lime juice and mix all together. Then add the coconut milk and gently mix in.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let the ramen soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, bring the soup to a light boil and add the ramen noodles letting them cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the tofu at the last minute before serving.
*Some red curry pastes will have shrimp paste in them. Make sure to check the ingredients label to ensure it’s vegan if needed.
Optionally garnish this soup with some sliced green onions and sesame seeds!
Depending on the salt in the broth you use and brand of curry paste you use you may need to add a little more curry paste and soy sauce. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: curry ramen, coconut ramen, Thai ramen, vegan ramen