Summer squash salad fresh herb vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 yellow zucchinis
- 2 green zucchinis
- 4 fresh market corn
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together your lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, honey, dill, and basil. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Shuck your corn, and place them in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat and run under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Once your corn are cool in to handle, cut off all the kernels using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Chop the ends off your zucchinis and discard them.
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, peel your zucchinis into ribbons.
- Add your zucchini ribbons, corn kernels, quinoa, crumbled feta, dill, and salt & pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Top with dressing and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Summer squash salad fresh herb vinaigrette, healthy salad recipe, how to make vinaigrette