Summer squash salad with fresh herb vinaigrette
One of my favourite things about the summer is being able to take trips to the local farmer’s market and scouting out all the fresh in-season produce. I love it so much that I actually spent my entire Saturday and Sunday afternoon at the market this past weekend. (I couldn’t help myself, I just had to go back!)
Besides the perks of unlimited samples of fresh fruits, and enjoying lunch while local musicians serenade you with John Lennon songs, there is the wonderful perk of getting local, in-season recipe inspiration.
One of my favourite local ingredients to use in the summer is fresh corn on the cob. It’s so sweet and delicious and the flavour just screams summer! I also love all the delicious summer squash’s available. I came across green and yellow zucchinis (first time I’ve ever gotten yellow zucchini!) and just had to get them.
This summer squash salad with fresh herb vinaigrette highlight the beautiful fresh corn & zucchini in the dish. It’s topped with a really light and vibrant dressing to really bring out the beautiful fresh flavours. This recipe is really simple, requires minimal ingredients, and will be sure to be a crowd pleasure at your next dinner, picnic, or BBQ!Print
Summer squash salad fresh herb vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 yellow zucchinis
- 2 green zucchinis
- 4 fresh market corn
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together your lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, honey, dill, and basil. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Shuck your corn, and place them in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat and run under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Once your corn are cool in to handle, cut off all the kernels using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Chop the ends off your zucchinis and discard them.
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, peel your zucchinis into ribbons.
- Add your zucchini ribbons, corn kernels, quinoa, crumbled feta, dill, and salt & pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Top with dressing and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Summer squash salad fresh herb vinaigrette, healthy salad recipe, how to make vinaigrette
*You can also try this summer squash salad with any other squash’s you have available at your local market!