This watermelon pizza is a fun little treat that everyone can enjoy! It’s healthy and easy to make!
It’s national watermelon day! If your anything like me when you think of summer, you think of watermelon.
There’s nothing like a good slice of refreshing, thirst-quenching watermelon on a hot day. While a regular slice of watermelon is perfectly good, it’s also fun to spice it up sometimes.
This watermelon pizza recipe is fun, easy to make, and will be a hit amongst everyone! (I mean, who wouldn’t want a slice of watermelon pizza?!)
It also has the added benefit of being much lower-calorie and “bikini friendly” than a regular slice of pizza.
This watermelon pizza will quench your thirst, is loaded with electrolytes, has some added protein from the yogurt, and topped with vitamin-rich fruit.
It also comes together in less than 10 minutes! Serve this watermelon pizza at your next picnic, or serve it up for a healthy dessert.
If you’re looking for more delicious refreshing summer treats make sure to try this acai bowl recipe next!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: American
A healthy dessert “pizza” recipes topped off with yogurt and fresh fruit!
- 1 watermelon
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt for non-vegan)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut off a slice of watermelon right down the middle, about 2-3 inches thick.
- Using a spatula, spread an even layer of your yogurt around the watermelon leaving a bit of empty space at the top. (where your “pizza crust” is.)
- Layer your fresh fruit on top as you please. You can add as little or as many toppings as you like!
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup for a little extra sweetness if desired.
Use a sharp knife to cut the watermelon, to get nice even cuts.
Use any berries or fruit you love to top of this watermelon pizza
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: watermelon pizza,
Tips & suggestions
- I like using fresh summer berries to top my watermelon pizza, but feel free to experiment with any fruit you like! (Passionfruit is a good choice!)
- I recommend using a very sharp knife to slice your watermelon. This will ensure that your slice comes out nice and even.
Here are some more great healthy treats you’ll love!
1. Raw key lime pie bars
2. Tropical coconut chia pops
3. Blueberry acai bowls
Very nice presentation, thumbs up to the cook1
Can this be made a day in advance?
Hi Sam, no this is best made fresh 🙂
What are the flowers? Tall phlox?
They’re called sweet williams!
Jess, this Watermelon pizza is simply amazing! It’s definitely a piece of art. I actually bought an extra large and sharp knife last month just to cut my watermelons to perfection haha.
Sending lots of love from Germany,
Thanks so much Lynn! Hope your knife is working wonders on cutting melon 🙂 xx