This watermelon pizza is a fun little treat that everyone can enjoy! It’s healthy and easy to make!
It’s national watermelon day! If your anything like me when you think of summer, you think of watermelon.
There’s nothing like a good slice of refreshing, thirst-quenching watermelon on a hot day. While a regular slice of watermelon is perfectly good, it’s also fun to spice it up sometimes.
This watermelon pizza recipe is fun, easy to make, and will be a hit amongst everyone! (I mean, who wouldn’t want a slice of watermelon pizza?!)
It also has the added benefit of being much lower-calorie and “bikini friendly” than a regular slice of pizza.
This watermelon pizza will quench your thirst, is loaded with electrolytes, has some added protein from the yogurt, and topped with vitamin-rich fruit.
It also comes together in less than 10 minutes! Serve this watermelon pizza at your next picnic, or serve it up for a healthy dessert.Print
- 1 watermelon
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut off a slice of watermelon right down the middle, about 2-3 inches thick.
- Using a spatula, spread an even layer of your yogurt around the watermelon leaving a bit of empty space at the top. (where your “pizza crust” is.)
- Layer your fresh fruit on top as you please. You can add as little or as many toppings as you like!
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup for a little extra sweetness if desired.
Tips & suggestions
- I like using fresh summer berries to top my watermelon pizza, but feel free to experiment with any fruit you like! (Passionfruit is a good choice!)
- I recommend using a very sharp knife to slice your watermelon. This will ensure that your slice comes out nice and even.
Here are some more great healthy treats you’ll love!