This layered chia pudding with mixed fruit puree is the perfect all natural, and healthy recipe to make you feel your best! Serve them up for breakfast or a fruity dessert!
I think it’s no secret if you’ve stumbled upon this blog that you would find some recipes that include chia seeds. I mean the blog is called choosing chia after all!
While the meaning behind the blog name is the idea of choosing a healthy lifestyle, I do love chia seeds and creating recipes highlighting the superfood ingredient. I love incorporating chia seeds into smoothies, drink, and recipes. And of course one of my favourite ways to eat chia is as a chia seed pudding.
This recipe for layered chia pudding with mixed fruit puree uses raspberry, kiwi, and mango puree for a mix of vibrant flavours. I love the combination of these three fruits together, for flavour that really pops!
This chia pudding is also a great option if you’re looking for a breakfast on the go. You can easily prepare it in a mason jar or container. Store it in the fridge overnight and you have breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 kiwis
- 1 large mango
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Fruit for garnish (optional)
- Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup together in a bowl. Whisk for 1-2 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Place in the fridge and allow to thicken up for 1 hour.
- Place the kiwis in a blender and blend until smooth. Remove and repeat with the mango and raspberries.
- Once the chia pudding is thick, begin layering the chia pudding, fruit purees, and yogurt in a glass.
- Start with some fruit puree on the bottom, followed by some chia pudding, followed by some yogurt. Repeat this process until you have filled your glass.
- Garnish with hemp hearts and fresh fruit if desired.