Cookies for breakfast. Need I say more?
Okay, I’ll say a few more things about this recipe before we get to it.
These ultimate breakfast cookies are jam packed with good for you ingredients that will keep you going like an energizer bunny. You’ll get your fix of protein, fiber, and whole grains for a well balanced breakfast.
It took a bit of time but I’ve perfected this recipe, and these cookies are SO delicious! Even though they are a healthy breakfast cookie, as an Ultimate breakfast cookie they are not only healthy, but taste just like your eating dessert. In fact, I enjoy these cookies for breakfast, for snacks, and for desserts.
These cookies are also great to take on the go for breakfast at the office, to pack in the kids lunches, or for a post-gym snack!Print
Ultimate breakfast cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse your almonds until fine. Next add your oats and pulse together until fine.
- In a large bowl, add your almond/oat mixture with flax meal, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and egg until smooth.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in your dried fruits and chocolate chips.
- Form dough into round balls with your hand, and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Ultimate breakfast cookies