This full-flavoured recipe is perfect for a lighter dinner with fresh ingredients!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes. (in oil works best)
- 1 cup basil
- 2 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and brush the flesh with olive oil.
- Place your squash face down on your baking sheet, and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until tender.
- Once cooled, take a fork and begin to scrape out your squash. It should scrape rather easy, and resemble spaghetti. (If your squash is too hard to scape, it needs to be cooked longer)
- While the squash cooks, prepare the rest of the ingredients
Sun-dried tomato pesto
- Place your sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until a paste form. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan. Chop your onion and add it to the pan with the salt on medium-low heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, mixing every few minutes.
- Add half of your sun-dried tomato pesto to the pan on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add your squash and mix until everything is well combined. Add more pesto if needed, or reserve the rest for another time.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and crumbled goat cheese.
No time to bake the squash? Microwave it! Place the squash face down in a baking dish with 1 tbsp of water and microwave for 10-12 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Sun-dried tomatoes in oil will give you a creamier pesto, but any sundried tomato will work.
Store any leftover Sun-dried tomato pesto in a jar in the fridge to use for another time.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: spaghetti squash main, spaghetti squash recipe