the ultimate crispy and delicious vegan lettuce wraps with crispy tofu in a sweet and spicy chili sauce!
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce (can sub hoisin sauce)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 heads of Boston lettuce (can sub iceberg or romaine)
- 4 oz vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package directions (can sub rice instead)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Drain the tofu and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible between paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, toss in the soy sauce and cornstarch and then spread it out evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping the tofu cubes halfway through.
- To prepare the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a small pan on medium-high heat until it begins to bubble.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the baked tofu cubes. Toss until evenly coated, then remove from heat.
- To assemble the wraps, Use 1-2 leaves of lettuce and then layer noodles, tofu, and garnishes on top.
Add any type of toppings you like on the lettuce wraps. Cilantro, crispy onions or pickled cabbage would all be delicious additions!
Store any leftover ingredients separately.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan lettuce wrap recipe, how to make lettuce wraps