This Teriyaki Tofu is baked to perfection, crispy and coated in the tastiest sauce! Serve it on its own or over rice
Crispy baked tofu
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (can sub vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- one 1-inch cube of ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp water
- Jasmine rice to serve
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a paper towel, press down on the tofu and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes then toss it in a bowl with the avocado oil and cornstarch
- Spread the cubes of tofu on a baking sheet making sure none of the cubes are touching, and bake for 25-30 minutes flipping halfway through.
- While the tofu bakes, prepare the sauce
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan on medium heat. Once the sauce begins to heat up it should start to thicken. (about 2-3 minutes) Once you notice your sauce thickening remove it from heat.
- Toss the baked tofu cubes into the sauce. (This can be done directly in the saucepan or in a bowl.)
- Serve immediately.
Make sure to use firm or extra-firm tofu! While soft tofu is great in things like soups, it won’t crisp up like firm tofu does.
Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent the tofu from sticking to your pan.
Do not prep this dish too far ahead of time. Once the tofu is tossed in the sauce it should be served immediately to maintain its crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: teriyaki tofu, baked tofu, tofu with teriyaki sauce, healthy tofu