This soup is loaded with bold Thai flavours and ginger. YUM!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1-litre broth of choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Coconut milk, cilantro & nigella seeds to top (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat then add the onion and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and let cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the carrots, Thai curry paste and curry powder and mix together until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add the broth, reduce the heat to low and cover and let simmer for 30 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth and creamy then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optionally top with coconut milk, cilantro and nigella seeds
Mix 1/2 cup of coconut milk into the soup for a rich & creamy version of this soup!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Carrot soup recipe, how to make carrot soup, Thai carrot soup