Thai Carrot Ginger Soup
Try something new for dinner with this Thai Carrot Ginger Soup for something a little exotic and full of vibrant flavour!
Here’s pretty much all you need to know about this Thai carrot ginger soup: IT’S DELICIOUS!
If you’ve ever felt like carrot soup can be a little boring, then this is the carrot soup for you
How to make carrot soup:
Making carrot soup is really simple, and there are a few different ways to prepare this recipe.
It starts by browning your veggies in a pot, then adding some broth and letting the carrots cook down until they are nice and soft. At this point you can either add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, or just use a hand blender.
This Thai carrot ginger soup can also be made in a slow cooker. If using a slow cooker method simply add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, then blend it up before serving
A few notes on the recipe:
This Thai carrot ginger soup uses only carrots, but if you’d like to add any additional veggies like sweet potato or cauliflower you can add those in too!
If you’d like to make a creamier version of this soup, you can also add in 1/2 cup coconut milk when you add in the vegetable broth. This will give the soup a richer creamier texture.
If you are strictly vegan, make sure to check the label carefully of the red curry paste you use. Many curry pastes can have shrimp paste in them.
I like to serve this soup topped with some fresh herbs, a drizzle of coconut milk, and nigella seeds!
This Thai carrot ginger soup is just a *tad* spicy and is naturally vegan, gluten-free and paleo. (so great for everyone!)
More soup recipes to tryPrint
This soup is loaded with bold Thai flavours and ginger. YUM!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1-litre broth of choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Coconut milk, cilantro & nigella seeds to top (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat then add the onion and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and let cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the carrots, Thai curry paste and curry powder and mix together until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add the broth, reduce the heat to low and cover and let simmer for 30 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth and creamy then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optionally top with coconut milk, cilantro and nigella seeds
Mix 1/2 cup of coconut milk into the soup for a rich & creamy version of this soup!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Carrot soup recipe, how to make carrot soup, Thai carrot soup
If you tried this Thai Carrot Ginger Soup or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!