This Thai mango salad is tangy, delicious and so quick to make!
- 2 mangoes
- 1/2 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
- 1 tbsp honey (can sub agave for vegan)
- 1/2 red Thai chilli (or more for extra spicy!)
- Shred your mangoes with either a Thai vegetable peeler or just finely chop the mango into slices.
- Mix the mango, onion, red pepper, herbs, and peanuts together in a bowl. Set aside.
- For the dressing, finely chop your Thai chilli and add to a cup. Add the lime juice, soy sauce, avocado oil, and honey, and mix together.
- Mix the dressing into the mango salad.
- Garnish with more peanuts and herbs.
You can use either unripened mangos or ripe mangos in this recipe, both are delicious. If you like spicy food, add more Thai chilli to the dressing If you’re preparing this salad ahead of time, don’t dress the salad until you are ready to serve it. You can substitute peanuts with cashews on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: Mango salad, Thai salad