Learn how to make a tuna tartare at home!
- 300 grams sushi grade tuna
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch Thai basil,chopped
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (can also use vegetable oil)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Chop the tuna into small cubes, set aside.
- in a small bowl, gently mush the avocado and mix with the cucumber, half the cilantro, salt, and pepper. set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Begin to pour the sauce into the bowl of tuna. (i like to leave a bit of sauce on the side for plating)
- Use a metal round form ring, or spring form ring to plate your tartare. Start by layering the avocado mixture on the bottom, packed firmly. Next add the tuna layer on top, packed firmly. Gently remove the mold.
- *you can also use a small cup, or mug to build a round tartare, and simply flip it over onto a plate to achieve the same look.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 857
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 50g
Keywords: How to make tuna tartare, healthy tuna tartare recipe