This Farro salad is nutty, hearty, and delicious as a side, appetizer or lunch!
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts* (see note)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shavings (or grated)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch salt & pepper
- Cook the Farro: Cook the farro in the stock according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain off any remaining stock. Set aside and let cool.
- Make the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Assemble the salad: Mix the Farro and the remaining salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Top with 1/2 the salad dressing, mix and taste. Add more dressing if desired. (You may want to use all the dressing or just some of it on the salad.)
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
You can buy pre-shaved Brussels Spouts at the grocery store, or use a mandolin or attachment on your food processor to shave them at home.
Cook the Farro in vegetable broth. This infuses the farro with more flavour and will give you a much tastier salad.
Add more dressing as needed. Depending on your personal taste you may enjoy your salad with more or less salad dressing. Start with less and more as needed. Reserve any leftover dressing in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: How to make a farro salad, healthy farro salad recipe