This Farro salad is nutty, hearty, and delicious as a side, appetizer or lunch!
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts* (see note)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shavings (or grated)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch salt & pepper
- Cook the Farro: Cook the farro in the stock according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain off any remaining stock. Set aside and let cool.
- Make the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Assemble the salad: Mix the Farro and the remaining salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Top with 1/2 the salad dressing, mix and taste. Add more dressing if desired. (You may want to use all the dressing or just some of it on the salad.)
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
You can buy pre-shaved Brussels Spouts at the grocery store, or use a mandolin or attachment on your food processor to shave them at home.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: How to make a farro salad, healthy farro salad recipe