This is the BEST healthy hummus recipe! Find out the secret to making smooth creamy and fluffy hummus!
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel. The skins will naturally come off.
- Discard the skins and place the chickpeas in a pot of boiling water with 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes on medium-high heat until the chickpeas are soft. Remove from heat and drain.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, salt, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice to a food processor or high-speed blender. blend until everything is smooth, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Begin to add the cold water, adding 1/4 cup at a time and blending to incorporate, for about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed (salt, cumin, lemon juice)
- Serve the hummus with olive oil, za’atar spice, paprika, or parsley on top.
I use about 1/2 tsp of salt but depending on the chickpeas you use you may want to add a bit more salt or seasoning. Taste and adjust accordingly. This hummus will store well for up to a week in the fridge
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: healthy hummus, easy hummus recipe, creamy hummus recipe