This tofu scramble recipe comes together in just 10 minutes and makes a delicious protein-rich breakfast!
- Crumble the tofu with your hands until it’s in small pieces. You can alternatively pulse it in a food processor a couple of times.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat, then add the onion and garlic let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, turmeric, garlic powder, paprika, nutritional yeast, and tamari and mix everything together until combined.
- Let the tofu cook without touching it for 2-3 minutes, until it starts to brown on the bottom. Then mix it around and let cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Taste and season if needed with salt and pepper
. This will help you avoid having tofu stuck to the bottom of the pan.
If you like having some crispy bites of tofu in your scramble, use firm or extra-firm tofu to make this recipe.
You do not need to press your tofu to make this recipe.
If you want to reheat leftovers, they taste best if you reheat them in a pan with a touch of olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: how to make scrambled tofu, tofu scrambled, vegan scrambled eggs