Tofu Satay with cauliflower rice
Satay skewers recipe here
Cauliflower fried rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp spoons of soy sauce
Peanut butter sauce
- Open tofu from pack, drain water, and pat dry. Cut into large rectangles.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl, or bag and place tofu inside. Let marinade for 4-24 hours. Remove from marinade and gently slide onto your skewers.
- Grease your grill (medium high heat) or bbq, and grill for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Chop your cauliflower into large pieces. Place in the food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles the texture of rice.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add spring onions first and cook for 2 minutes. Next add the cauliflower, red pepper, and celery, and cook for 5-6 minutes, on medium heat. Add your soy sauce and crushed peanuts. (Depending on the size of your cauliflower you may want to add more or less soy sauce.)
- To prepare your peanut butter sauce, mix melted peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, and Sriracha in a bowl.
- (Optional) Serve this dish with fresh cilantro and lime.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 489
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: Tofu Satay, cauliflower rice, how to make cauliflower rice