This Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce will make you fall in love with tofu! It’s packed with flavour, healthy and easy to make!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 6–8 skewers
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into large cubes.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, then add the tofu and toss together. Let sit and marinate in a bowl or ziplock bag (this is what I like to use) for 2-24 hours.
- Grease your grill or barbeque and heat to 400 degrees. Grill the skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
Want to bake the tofu instead of grilling it? Bake in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Don’t cut the tofu too small. Make sure the cubes are large enough to easily slip onto the skewers.
If using wooden skewers, don’t forget to soak them in water overnight. Otherwise, they’ll burn when you put them on the grill.
If your peanut sauce is too thick, simply add a couple of tablespoons of hot water to it and mix.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: tofu satay, peanut butter tofu, grilled tofu, tofu skewers