A cozy Indian curry made with marinated tofu in a creamy masala sauce!
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into cubes
Tikka masala sauce:
- Mix all the tofu marinade ingredients together in a bowl then add the tofu and mix until coated. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scatter the tofu on the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the avocado oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in all the spices and let cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the tofu and cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
This tofu tikka masala is best served up with a side of rice or naan bread!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegetarian Indian recipes, healthy Indian recipes, vegan tikka masala