Vanilla buckwheat pancakes for the win!
- 1 cup white buckwheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour (can sub gluten-free flour or regular flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp organic cane sugar (can omit for sugar-free)
- 2 eggs or flax eggs* (see note)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral flavoured vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra oil for the pan
- Mix the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
- Pour a large scoop of the batter into the pan and cook until brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the second side)
- Serve with maple syrup and your favourite fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Vanilla buckwheat pancakes, vegan pancakes, how to make vegan pancakes