These vanilla buckwheat pancakes are fluffy, soft, and so comforting! Whip up a batch of these healthy pancakes for breakfast or brunch!
The weather has finally cooled down and now I have one thing on my mind: comforting breakfasts.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still probably keep drinking my green smoothies and smoothie bowls for most of the Fall and Winter (if you follow me on Instagram, you know how often I enjoy them!), but some days (like weekend brunch) I need those delicious comfort breakfasts!
Cue these vanilla buckwheat pancakes!
Now you don’t need to wait for weekend brunch to make these. In fact I highly recommend you do not wait until the weekend to make these.
You’ll be much happier to run to your kitchen right now and make them immediately. (Yes, even if it’s dinner time while your reading this.)
These vanilla buckwheat pancakes are fluffy, light, healthy, and really make the perfect breakfast. They’re made with a mix of half buckwheat flour, and half spelt (or regular if you prefer) flour.
If you’d like to make these pancakes completely gluten-free, you can . replace the spelt flour with your favourite gluten-free flour blend.
I also recommend using white buckwheat flour for this recipe, to keep them lighter in taste.
Top these pancakes with your favourite fresh fruit and (of course) some maple syrup!Print
Vanilla buckwheat pancakes for the win!
- 1 cup white buckwheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour (can sub gluten-free flour or regular flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp organic cane sugar (can omit for sugar-free)
- 2 eggs or flax eggs* (see note)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral flavoured vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra oil for the pan
- Mix the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
- Pour a large scoop of the batter into the pan and cook until brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the second side)
- Serve with maple syrup and your favourite fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Vanilla buckwheat pancakes, vegan pancakes, how to make vegan pancakes
Tips & suggestions:
- Make 2 flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes
- Try adding blueberries or chocolate chips into the batter mix!
- Need more brunch? Try my vegan buckwheat waffles!