These vegan buckwheat waffles make for the perfect weekend brunch! Top them with your favourite fruit and some maple syrup!
Today is an exciting day because today is the official relaunch of the Choosing Chia newsletter, yay! (You can sign up on the righthand sidebar.)
This has been a long time coming for a relaunch and I am so excited to be able to share new recipes, wellness tips, and more straight to your inbox. I always feel good when I take some new steps with the blog, especially when I get those tasks completed by a Friday afternoon, right before the weekend!
Anywho, back to these vegan buckwheat waffles…
So I started to see a waffle trend all over Instagram of waffles topped with beautiful toppings like fruits, chocolates, and different types of sauces.
It inspired me to make these vegan buckwheat waffles topped with beautiful seasonal fruit, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Now you can of course top these with whatever you want, but I love the idea of having waffles piled high with a bunch of toppings.
These would also be great topped with some blueberry compote, which can snag the recipe for from my cornbread waffles with blueberry compote!
The base of the waffles are made from buckwheat flour, which is naturally gluten-free and loaded with healthy nutrients. I use coconut oil in the batter, but feel free to use any vegetable oil you like, or if you prefer butter than go ahead!Print
Vegan buckwheat waffles
- Preheat your waffle press.
- Mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the almond milk mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Oil your waffle press and spoon the batter into the press. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Vegan buckwheat waffles, vegan waffles, how do you make vegan waffles