A healthy vegan carrot cake loaf loaded with pineapple and coconut flavour
- 2 cups white Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed oil (coconut oil or vegetable oil work too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can of crushed pineapple)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the spelt flour, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Next, add the shredded carrots, crushed pineapple sunflower seed oil, and applesauce and pineapple juice and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with some shredded coconut
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the loaf is nice and brown on top.
- Remove and let cool before slicing.
Add in nuts and raisins to this loaf if you like!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Vegan bread recipe, healthy vegan dessert, vegan carrot cake loaf